Purpose of Position:
Assure highest quality of the Department by working in an efficient and conscious manner, as well as, maintaining and developing the highest service standards possible.
The performance of this position effects guest satisfaction and an
impression of the service the Hotel provides. This impression can lead
to repeat business and reputation enhancements.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities to include the following(other duties may be assigned):
- Work quickly in a high-pressure environment and ability to handle stress.
- Deal with a discriminating client.
- Complete all necessary payroll records.
- Control rooms and rate availability in accordance with established guidelines to maximize occupancy and revenue.
- Work with the Hoteilers in handling group bookings, maintaining files, tracing cut-off dates, following up on special instructions, etc.
- Control all apartments reservations in conjunction with the Front Office Manager and ensure special handling of top corporate clients, VIPs, and return guests.
- Prepare and distribute occupancy and revenue forecasts and keep Director well informed of and unexpected changes in levels of business.
- Ensure that all reservation confirmations are transferred in a DOBOVO management system and mailed on a daily basis.
- Handle all no-show billings and disputes.
- Handle guest complaints, keeping senior management well informed of any problems
- Handle and maintain accurate records on pick-up, cancellations, no-shows, and sources of reservations.
- Display a high level of professionalism at all times in dealings with guests and employees.
- Respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- Daily check arrival list, reservations created and other reports deemed necessary.
- Ensure all reservations are keyed in – groups.
- Maintain checklists for tasks.
- Perform other tasks or projects as assigned by the Director.
Required Position Skills:
- Problem solving skills
- Service Orientation
- Team Work
- Customer service appreciation
- Is willing and able to step outside of normal responsibilities to assist others.
- Strives to continuously improve job skills and knowledge.
- Strives to continuously improve skill and knowledge level of the Reservations team.
- Excellent ability to interact professionally with a variety of people.
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Controls expenses and maximizes profits.
- Fluency in English is required, additional language ability is a bonus
- Ability to read, speak and write English